Whatever business you’re in, whether you’re running an accounting firm, a school, a healthcare facility or an ecommerce store, computers and the applications they offer are foundational to how your organisation operates. To keep these systems up and running smoothly, many companies need some kind of internal or external tech support. Managed IT services take over this job on your behalf – putting a qualified third party in charge of every aspect of your organisation’s IT. Here’s some insight into the types of services this covers and why so many organisations are choosing this route.
Types of Managed IT Services
Rather than waiting for something to break and then calling in a tech support provider, managed IT services provide an expert, full-service offering that actively runs the IT side of your business. This includes services like:
- Networking and infrastructure services – This service is designed to ensure that you and your team have the IT equipment, applications, tools and accessibility you need to get work completed as efficiently and productively as possible. This includes onsite network and computer setup, wireless network setup, cloud and remote working solutions, and managed storage backup.
- IT security – Whether due to hackers, malware or human error, critical data loss and security breaches are at an all-time high, costing Australian businesses alone AU$3.35 million on average per breach, an increase of 9.8% from 2019 to 2020. These costs are a challenge for any business to handle, and can easily destroy a small or medium-sized business. With risks so high and malicious cyberattacks on the rise, data security is a critical investment. Your managed IT services provider can develop your IT security policies, implement them and ensure you have high-level network security as well as a disaster recovery plan in place.
- Network administration – As our offices and workplaces become more digitised, so network and tech issues increase – and resolving these issues is key to maintaining productivity and efficiency. Your managed IT services provider should be available 24/7, ensuring experts familiar with your business are ready to not only assist you when an IT issue strikes, but actively work to prevent them from occurring in the first place. This means high-quality network administration – updating software, testing the network, implementing best practices and effective solutions, and more.
- Cloud migration – Few businesses today aren’t actively on the cloud, which is one of the most significant tech innovations of our time. Cloud solutions offer many advantages for businesses of all industries and sizes – increasing functionality and administration, making the secure backup of critical business and client data simple, and increasing flexibility and performance in the workplace. Your managed IT services partner is positioned to develop a custom cloud solution for your organisation, evaluate the best providers independently and manage your cloud computing needs and data backup so you’re freed up to work on core business functions.
Realise the Benefits of a Managed IT Services Partnership
There are considerable benefits to having a managed IT services partner rather than working with an in-house IT team, including:
- Freeing up resources for core business functions – Outsourcing allows your business to hand off time-consuming administrative functions so you can redeploy your resources to core, revenue-enhancing business functions.
- Save money – As digitisation becomes such a large part of how businesses are run, so internal IT departments become more expensive and challenging to run. A managed IT services provider spreads costs and teams across multiple clients to provide you with clear, affordable monthly costs that are exceptionally cost-effective.
- Access the best – Managed IT services hire the best talent on the market, so you don’t have to. The best partners offer access to best IT practices, world-class tools and technologies, and have the network and vendor connections to leverage in favour of your business. You get the benefits of having a full-time, fully staffed IT department at a fraction of the cost and with no administrative hassles.
DWM Solutions is a leading provider of managed IT services in Victoria, offering comprehensive IT services including network administration, data security, 24/7 tech support and much more. Chat to our team for a free consultation, and find out how we can help your business thrive.